BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, November 12, 2009

L is for Library

Hello friends! I didn't blog yesterday because we went to the Ft. Worth Stock Yards and I forgot my camera!! But, my sweet, wonderful husband bought a disposable one and I'm gonna get those pics printed and put them on here!

I am dragging a little today, not because my B-12 hasn't kicked in, but because Anderson was up at 3:30a.m. and wouldn't go back to sleep until 5 and was up again at 7!!! I'm not sure why! He is good today, despite his seasonal flu shot he received this morning!

We went to the library and had a grand time...me looking for Anderson some books...Anderson running all over and laughing hystericallyWhen I went to the check-out counter to get his books, the lady told me that I had 8 books out and they were two weeks late and that would be $20!!! What?! Darnit...I could have bought him so neat books for that rental late fee price...SILLY Library, oh who am I kidding...SILLY MOMMA!! Adam's gonna kill me!

Anderson LOVES his new books we checked out, especially this one, it's by Mo Willems if you can't read the author.
It's really a neat book.

It really makes him smile(with a snake in his mouth:) I really want to start a book club where you buy 2 books and then send them out to other people and they do the same...it's kind of like a chain letter thing...but I'm gonna have to get more info on it. Do you know anything about it? Or are you interested?? Please say YES!

I'm gonna leave you with a recipe that my friend Jennifer sent to me...we are trying it this weekend and I hope you do too!

Potato Soup (makes a nice, big pot)
> 5-6 medium sized yukon gold potatoes
> half a stick of butter
> 1/4 cup of flour
> 5 cloves roasted garlic
> 2 chicken bouillon cubes (I use Wyler's with herbs)
> 1/2 cup nonfat powdered milk
> 1 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese, divided
> 2 oz cream cheese
> Real bacon bits (optional)
> salt and pepper to taste
>
> Clean and peel the potatoes. Cut into bite-sized cubes. In a large
> saucepan or stock pot, place potatoes, bouillon cubes and water,
> enough to cover all of the potatoes. Bring to a low simmer, NOT a
> boil. Simmer for about 15-25 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
> Do not drain. Reduce heat to low. Mash the roasted garlic cloves and
> add them to the pot.
> While the potatoes cook, place the butter in a skillet and melt. When
> the butter is melted, add the quarter cup of flour and whisk. (you are
> making a roux) Let the butter/flour mixture cook for about 2 minutes,
> while stirring/whisking. It will be thick. Add the roux all at once to
> the pot, and stir. Add the nonfat milk and cream cheese and once that
> has all dissolved/melted, add half of the cheddar cheese, stir to
> combine. Allow the cheese to melt and add more if you wish. Season to
> salt and pepper to taste. Serve with cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
>
> (if you like, you can finely chop and sautee half an onion in the pot
> you will simmer the potatoes in, then just add the chopped potatoes
> and water and continue the recipe)
>
>
> Cheddar Bay Biscuits
> (very similar to Red Lobster)
> 2 cup Bisquick
> 2/3 cup milk
> 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
> 1/2 tsp garlic powder
> 1/4 cup butter, melted
> 1/4 tsp garlic salt
>
> Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
> Combine Bisquick, milk, cheese and garlic powder. Mix with a spoon for
> about a minute or two. Spoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake
> at 450 for 8-10 minutes. The smaller you make them, the crispier the
> outside will be. While they are baking, combine the melted butter and
> the garlic salt. When the biscuits come out of the oven, let them cool
> on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes then remove them with a
> spatula. While they are still warm, dip them into the butter, upside
> down. Makes about a dozen or more, depending on how big you want them.
> Enjoy!

1 comments:

Angela said...

That picture of Anderson is too cute! I am HORRIBLE with late fees at the library so I don't allow myself to check books out anymore. I am kind of wierd about germs on the books too. I know the librarians think I am crazy but I take wipes and thoroughly wipe them down as I put them in my bag. I KNOW...I AM CRAZY!