Hello friends!
Anderson and I went to the Ft. Worth Zoo today. We definitely have gotten our money's worth out of our season pass. We go at least twice a month. But, it's fun and A doesn't mind going again and again and again!
It was really a nice day. It's still kinda hot, but not as bad as this summer has been. So it was definitely bearable.
Not that many people there either, and you feel like you own the zoo and those are your animals.
The momma chimpanzee had a baby(Layla) can you see the baby monkey clinging onto the mother under her.
Layla held on for dear life. And there was some kind of family disturbance, lots of squealing going on and even some hitting. I had no idea that monkeys had domestic violence issues.
We rode the train and Anderson did not want to get off. I had to drag him off kicking and screaming. And then again when we left the reptile museum and he rared back and hit his head on the floor. He was okay. Sometimes, things just don't go our way. ;) Come to think of it, it was actually very effective, maybe I'll use it when I get upset or maybe not...
And Anderson LOVES the Komodo Dragon.
I just found out that they will hunt humans down and eat them.
Nice. Real nice Komodo Dragon, cause we were thinking you were kind of cute. This is a statue, not a real one. Ha!
And I have a complaint. What's up with parents at the zoo telling there kids wrong names of the animals. One dad told his little girl that the Scarlet Ibis( I know that cause of A's books and he does too) was a baby flamingo. Come on people, just say you don't know. Don't tell them wrong info...just a pet peeve of mine sorry. I guess it was being in the classroom for years. Anderson promptly corrected the father ;)
Thankful Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
3 days ago

2 comments:
Like the shirt! We miss you so much. Mom
The pics are too precious. Hope you are a scrapper! The pics are so clear. You must have a great camera. I can't wait until Aiden is old enough to go to the zoo!
Post a Comment