BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, September 6, 2010

The Secret Garden

Hello friends! Warning!! There are A LOT of pictures!
Last week when Mom was here. She, Anderson and I ventured over to the Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens. To say that it was breathtaking would be an understatement. It was wonderful, relaxing, peaceful,educational and fun. I totally advocate anything where your kids get outside to explore nature. I think it the best kind of play that they can get.There is just something that pleases a boy's heart about discovering lizards on plants(even if it makes your momma cringe a little) and touching butterflies, seeing bumblebees hard at work and pretending that driftwood is a wild bucking bronco. And walking through miles and miles of beautiful plants, trees and flowers that make my momma, Anderson and me smile. It truly is a very happy place for us!
And seeing my mom in her element is pretty neat too.
I won't say too much more, just let you see the pictures of our visit. I was totally feeling like Ansel Adams. :) A letting me hold his hand for a long time!


Today, Adam and Anderson and I headed back to the Botanical Gardens and did the same things. I have to tell a horror story(to me only:) I was letting Anderson dip his feet in this waterfall and small wading pond and all of a sudden I look over and see a snake about 2 feet from us with his mouth open! I snatched A out of the water as fast as I could. So scary! We won't be dipping our feet in anymore. :)
Oh, and please me a comment if you can. You can even put you stink if you don't anything else to say! ;)Hope you are having a beautiful Labor Day too!

6 comments:

Sue Hall said...

Beautiful sentiments. Mom

Brandi Bartee said...

You don't stink and the pictures were great! I would be so scared if I saw the snake too!

Lauren S. Hauge said...

I loved all the pictures! I know you enjoyed having your mom visit!
Anderson is so precious!

Mrs. Goodwin said...

Hey girl. Love the pictures. Anderson is so cute! Call me!

The Griffins said...

I love that you and your mom are so close. THat must be very cool. I love all the little BOY exploring A is doing...he is so darling.

Angela said...

I feel you about the snakes...we have killed a moccasin and 3 pigmy rattlesnakes at our house. I killed a baby snake in the house the other day! Gross!!!! I screamed the whole time!