BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

San Antone-Day 2

Hello friends! Completing the second day of our trip, we decided to go to downtown San Antonio, which is neat but kinda strange. Strange, meaning that the Alamo is still pretty much intact, but is in the middle of the downtown area and is surrounded by large buildings. Yesterday, I told you that San Antonio feels like Texas because of their trees and cactus. So different from North Texas!You get a feeling, you're in the OLD west.

Our first stop was the Riverwalk. I think that there was a river running through San Antonio, but the city added/dug out the rest of this little river and made it a tourist attraction. Whatever the reason, it's still beautiful and fun. We saw lots of ducks swimming, and it was a beautiful sunny day.We headed over to the Alamo. If you don't know the story of the Alamo, shame on you...but you can read about it here:) Anderson had a ball playing in the garden outside of the Alamo. You see, the Alamo was an old Spanish mission(or church) and I got you a picture of the inside of the Alamo where Davey Crockett and others were holed up for 30 days against Santa Anna's army. But, then I got in trouble, ooops...I didn't read the sign...no pictures!

And real, Texas Rangers guarding the Alamo!
What an awesome job! Have you seen the excellent movies from the books of Larry McMurtry, Lonesome Dove, Commanche Moon and others? Go rent them...seriously!

This old water oak tree was moved to the site at the Alamo in 1840 and at the time, the oak tree was 40 years old. Amazing!
After leaving San Antonio, we stopped by the outlet mall, which was the nicest outlet mall I've ever seen. Fendi and Gucci at an outlet mall...really?

We hated to leave, but it was time to go home. We had a wonderful weekend and are ready to go back soon!

1 comments:

Sue Hall said...

What? No history lession?