Today has been a good day except for the little mishap this morning with a Christmas ornament that Anderson decided looked rather tasty! Before I could get over to him and retrieve the nutcracker blown glass ornament, he took a bite out of it! I tried to fish it out of his mouth, but was bitten and heard a crunch and then... a gulp... After a QUICK call to our peditrician, he assured me that it was going to o.k. just to look for a few signs...which I haven't seen thus far! Thank goodness! What is it with our Christmas trees? Five years ago, our youngest beagle, Gus ate an arm off of a nutcracker it should up in the x-ray along with some tinfoil-ha!
*************************************************************
Dothan-Day 2 was CHOCKED full and I do mean FULL!!
We went to Adam's parents house for lunch with his family. Here is my sweet sister in law(who I absolutely love) Kelly.
She is a teacher and much like myself has a sarcastic spirited wit about her! In the picuture is her son Aaden who is Anderson's only 1st cousin(Aaden is 13 months younger than Anderson) I hope they will be good friends when they get older.
You can see the family in the picture, they are such a sweet family!
Saturday night, my mom had over her family. The Grinsteads! This is one HUGE family. One of my aunts, Kim has 8 children that range in age 27-6! She is the best mom and I call her quite frequently for advice. Who better to ask than a mom of 8!! Sadly, I was so excited that I took no pictures...so bummed! We made chili and brunswick stew for the event...it was oh so GOOD!
Sunday: mom and Bob took us back to the Birmingham Airport. I cried just a little bit and my mom didn't cry once.
I guess she is getting used to this long distance deal! We had such a good time in Dothan. I wished we could have stayed for a week!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Dothan-Day 2
Posted by Susannah at 11:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I just love your posts!! We are heading to Dothan next weekend and I will get to see my sister in law (her name is Kelly and her son is named Aaden too!) What a coincidence :) Are we technically related? In-laws-in-laws?
Looks like y'all had fun!!! You have been blessed to be able to see your family so much since you moved. I know it makes the distance not so hard.
Post a Comment