Hello friends! Anderson and I have done our usual Friday outing to the mall. He's played until his heart is content and rode the carousel too! We LOVE this playground, especially me. I feel like it gives Anderson a chance to socialize, expend some energy and work on perfecting his motor skills.
This local hospital sponsors this playground along with a grant from our favorite kind of books, Little Golden Books which have been around for around 50 or so years.
My friend, Jennifer, just has a 16 month old and has just had a little boy a couple of days ago. She has told me that she wishes that Dothan had one of these playgrounds in the mall. Seriously, I mean where do children go in Dothan when it rains or is cold?
Did you know that Dothan is number 3 on the list in Money Magazine on top places to raise children in Alabama. But, before my momma, stepmother, and MIL start packing our bags for us...Mansfield, where we are moving was rated #23rd out of the WHOLE U.S. in small cities to live in.
I'm "working" on getting my mom, who is a physician recruiter to ask her hospital to sponsor one of these playgrounds. I mean, how hard can it be? Just look at all the fun!

Anderson looks EXHAUSTED!! ha!
**********************************************
On another note:
We have bought a refrigerator-it wasn't that expensive
We are still looking for a nice bedroom suite. I think we are going to Rooms To Go this weekend, because we've found a sleigh bed that we really like AND won't cost us an arm and a leg-ha!
7 days till Christmas folks! Happy weekend!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Don'tcha Think
Posted by Susannah at 11:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That sweet baby looks so precious laying his head down!!! Our living room furniture is from Rooms to go and it has held up pretty well (over 4 years).
We love those playgrounds, too! And I am right there with you! Why doesn't our mall on THIS side of town have one?? Or really any mall? They are terrific!!
Susannah, Please post on your blog. More people read yours.
Friends,
I am asking for prayer for one of my students, Logan Prickett. Logan is one of the sweetest kids you will ever meet but he had an accident a year ago and is still trying to recover. I REALLY want his Christmas wish to come true. He wished for his sight to come back and speedy recover. PLEASE pray for this sweet ......child. You can follow his story here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/loganprickett.
Dispite his disability he has a perfect 4.0 gpa. This is the season of miracles. I KNOW he will recover and regain his sight. IF the children of God will pray, I know this Christmas wish can come true.
Post a Comment