We decided to go to Dothan for Christmas early. For two reasons mainly, number 1. Adam doesn't have that much time off and especially during the holidays and 2. because the closer you get to Christmas=more expense!
Our flight was good.
Anderson was active but good as well! There was a little boy just a bit younger than Anderson behind us. This little boy had a model airplane and Anderson kept trying to stand in my lap and "tank you" because he wanted the airplane...this is what I say to him when I want him to give me something.
Did I mention that we flew into the Birmingham Airport just to save money. I recommend that you NOT do this because it took FOREVER to get to Dothan and we were so stinkin' tired! Bob(my step-dad) and momma drove up to get us, they are such troopers! That made for a long day for them too, but I think just getting to see Anderson was worth it!
Friday-Day 1
We went to eat with Adam's parents at one of our favorite place(yes Brandi we did!!)
Who from Dothan doesn't love this place? I just hate that they moved it...somehow it doesn't feel the same.
Gami-Adam's mother
Pappy-Adam's dad
Then we headed over to my dad's house for Christmas. Mimi(my step-mother) always makes vegetable soup(super good). Anderson found my old keyboard from when I was around 9 or 10(do you remember when these were all the rage?)
This is my step-sister Jana playing with Anderson
My daddy and Mimi
My dadddy(don't you think we look just alike?)
And of course...opening presents!
It really did feel like Christmas! It's only 2 weeks away folks! I can't believe it! We are getting so excited about moving into our new house after Christmas! I think that we are going to put our current bedroom suit into the guest bedroom and buy a king size bed! Hmmm...now what kind of bed to buy? A sleigh bed, a poster bed, canopy bed( I've wanted one since I was a little girl)somehow I just can't picture Adam sleeping in a pink princess canopy bed!
Thankful Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
3 days ago

4 comments:
Fun!! We were in Dothan just this past weekend and I thought of you. Wish we could have ran into each other. Mex. sounds soooo good! Hope you enjoyed it. I agree, it is really no the same though since it moved. But, it is a Dothan thing to do while your home!! Christmas looked fun w/your family-enjoy your time!
Thanks for sharing your Mexican Connection experience with me. It looks like you had a lot of fun and I know your family enjoyed having you home.
i am so jealous that u ate mex connection......ugh. i am glad flying was not too bad.we have to do it again in april....eeeek. i am jealous you are in dothan too....i would hit up labamba....i love that cheese dip.
Hope all is well. Can't wait to hear more about you new house.
I want a king size bed so much!!! When we go to a hotel with a king size, it is so luxurious. Hehe. Post what kind of mattress you get when you buy it and let me know how you like it. we are probably buying the mattress first then the suite later.
Post a Comment