BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Some re-decorating

Hello friends!

No matter how hard I seem to try, I cannot be satisfied with our living room. The ceilings are high and we've never had that before. But, don't want to overwhelm the space either. We found this mirror at Kirkland's last year and moved over our couch. Now, I'm trying to find some wall candle sconces to go on either sides of it. Or maybe some wall light sconces...not too sure yet.Then, our bedroom. I love our bedroom furniture, but the head board has always been so high up that I didn't feel I could put much above it. I don't like to clutter up things. But we found this little piece of iron work (Gami, I know you would be proud;) and I thought it fit. I need opinions, do I need to hang it higher or lower, or is it just right? Don't mind the sleeping baby boy and dog. Oh wait a minute, I couldn't resist one sweet sleeping picture!:)And we found this sweet lamp again at Kirkland's and it matched A's room perfectly!! And...it was on major sale- $12.00!!!############################
Did you know that David Nelson from The Ozzie and Harriet Show died this week? So sad. I used to love that show when I was a kid. It would come on Nick at Nite and I would watch every episode! ha! I don't know why I loved it, probably for the same reason I loved Leave it to Beaver. It just had a good family atmosphere feel to it.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Love, love, love the red sofa. The mirror looks great. I would definitely put some wall scones up on either side. I usually get my decorations from Kirklands, Freds (it is a dollar store), or Home Interiors (which is now Celebrating Home). I think a small rug would also look great in front of your sofa. From the picture, it looked the iron work above your bed probably could go a little higher. The big iron/metal clocks that W-mart sells also stand out on light colored walls. Just an idea. I have also been framing a lot of pics of baby boy to put on my walls b/c we don't have a lot of artwork. FYI - the Kirkland's here have been having great clearance sales.