BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, June 28, 2010

Saturday

Hello friends!

We had a really busy weekend! We had Becca's baptism(our neighbors across the street). That's Becca, in her beautiful white dress. All of the children were really dressed up in white outfits. Those are her Godparents holding her and her parents in front of her. She is 2 and beautiful! They are a very sweet family. They are Mexican and are Catholic. ( I loved this statue of Jesus...a good reminder for all that was done so that can be forgiven of our sins) I know NOTHING about Catholicism and it was very interesting and sweet experience. I felt very honored to have been invited to share in such an important experience in her life!
First of all, the WHOLE baptism was in Spanish and we understood maybe 3 to 4 words...thank you high school Spanish! But it was a very different experience for me...cause I was raised Baptist.

At the baptism, Anderson was in rare form. :) He first was trying to run around. Adam took him outside. Then, he cried to come back in. Then he started signing The New Kids on the Block " Oh Oh Oh OH Oh...The Right Stuff" LOUDLY! I couldn't help but laugh! ;) Then he said "Becca's church...Hola" cause they are Mexican. Embarrassing...

Saturday night, they had a huge baptism party for Becca at a Mexican Restaurant and it was very good and authentic. The kiddos had a great time running around like wild Indians!I'm sure a lot of you know that we are going to Disney World 1 week from today! So excited! My friend Hillary Dunham has a business called Mint Julep Monograms and made Anderson this beautiful outfit for our first day there. You can look at her stuff here! Tell her I sent you! :)




2 comments:

CLS said...

Love the Disney outfit! I know you guys can't wait. I had Michael's outfit from Angela delivered to work and my boss brought it to me this morning. It's awesome! Will post pics soon!

The Griffins said...

Sometimes Anderson looks so big..and others still like a little baby...it's the clothes...which happens to Whityn too. I am loving the MM outfit your friend made. So cute.