Hello friends! Just when we thought we made it out of the throws of blustery season, old man winter makes his appearance again. We are very tired of freezing temperatures and wrapping up to stay warm. But, no worries, I hear that the Texas summer has Alabama feeling more like Maryland. We haven't been doing too much today. Just a quick walk, with Anderson bundled to the hilt of course. I could only see his little face, nothing else was visible! Ha!
I've been working on soup this cold morning and wanted to share Mimi's recipe with you.
It's DELIGHTFUL! Don't disregard because you KNOW how to make soup...just try the recipe..ok?
Start out with stewed beef, cover it with water and chop up about two thirds a cup of onions and let them and the meat simmer on low medium until the meat doesn't look pink and it tender.
When the meat is tender and the onions look clear pour in a 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes and continue to cook on medium low(around 4 on my cook top)
Pour in a 16 oz can of diced tomatoes ( I used Rotel to spice it up)
Cut up 1 cup of carrots and pour in(I used two of the half cups)
Cut up about 4 potatoes ( I just dice them up and put them in) do not boil them, they WILL cook with the soup.
And I used kitchen cut green beans and finally put corn in and continue to let it simmer on low. Here are all the cans I used. The whole meal runs about $7 and will last about two days with a family of 4.
And hopefully you have a precious little helper who can assist you with any taste testing!
It makes it that much better! :)
One more thing before I go. We bought this at the store on Saturday
I'm SOOO addicted. This is the best thing I've ever eaten. It is a hazelnut spread and I've been putting in on graham crackers for Anderson and myself and on toast in the a.m.
See you tomorrow!
Thankful Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
3 days ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment