Hello friends!
Last night, our neighbors across the street invited us to dinner. They are Mexican. Clemente the husband was born in Mexico, but his wife Clara was born in California.
I usually LOVE Mexican food, but I was a little worried that this traditional Mexican dinner would not be...to my liking.
When we got there, Clara was making tacos. I asked her, "what kind of meat are you using". She looked at me crazy and said " I don't use meat, I used potatoes". Hmmmm, I thought. She used corn tortillas and boiled the potatoes and then smashed them up. She fried the tortillas in olive oil until they were brown on both sides. 
Ya'll OH MY GOODNESS!! The potato tacos were SO GOOD! I have no idea, what I was worried about.
Adam and I both ate 4!!
Clemente made the salsa, from tomatoes and green chili peppers. It was delicious too!
This is Samantha their middle daughter, she was pouring the kool-aid, she and her older sister had made. They were so proud of it!!
Anderson sat down with Becca their youngest daughter for just a minute and ate a quick few bites.
He and Becca had more important things to do...like playing horses. ;)
It was very neat experience to us. I have grown up in Alabama and lived there all my life, until now. We truly loved our dinner and company last night!
Thankful Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
3 days ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment