BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Story Time...Scmory Time

Hello friends!I really don't know we are ever going to get Anderson to sit still in kindergarten. We tried story time again today and it was a FAILED attempt. Although pretty funny, but I'm pretty sure I'm the ONLY one who thought that ;) They were reading some story about a monkey and it was completely too old for him(the literature) and the brought out these stuffed monkey. Anderson said "monkey, hold him"? And I said "no bud" then he said "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" kinda loud-ish! Who am I kidding super loud-ish! I escorted him out to the bench in the hall and the whole time we are walking out, he saying "momma, I sorry" then I felt terrible, like these people probably think I beat him. I can count the times that I have spanked him on one hand.
We invited our friends/neighbors Casey and her kids and Clara and her kiddos. After story time, we hung out in the library for an hour and a half. It's amazing, how much fun you can have in a library for free! (Casey and Anderson reading;) The kids had fun and so did us girls!

And cause I'm feeling kinda teacher-y today, here's some homework for you or maybe you already know. Who started the first library in the U.S.?? Do you know??

2 comments:

Laura said...

I know. Pic me, Mrs. McCord. Is it Benjamin Franklin?

Amy Kennedy said...

I know exactly what you mean about storytimes! I have to pick and choose which ones we go to and I try to stick w/the ones that are more singing/dancing/instruments where the kids are up moving around. Hayes does not sit still either AT ALL. So the ones where all the kids sit and listen-oh no-they are not for us-they are just embarassing! Plus how do those other moms get their kids to SIT DOWN and listen? I mean they're just toddlers and they're busy!! And don't worry by the time A gets to Kindergarten he will learn all needs to know when he gets there!