BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, April 20, 2009

A Look Back


When I was pregnant, people would ask me, "do you know how being a mom is going to change you"? I would answer back, "I'll love him just as much as I love the dogs"(which is alot), but now I'm a momma and I think to myself, "what were you thinking"!?! This is a love beyond my comprehension!


Tuesday morning, April 22, 2008 at 5:00a.m. I woke to feel a little uneasy. Contractions, again! I called Dr. Green and he said to head up to Labor and Delivery to get on the fetal monitor. Sure enough, contractions! Wait a while...and a little bit longer. The nurse comes in and announces "Dr. Green says he's going to induce you today"! WHAT!?!?!


Into a L&D room and the petocin starts and we began calling our families. Family starts arriving around 3:30p.m. The room suddenly is very crowded with people. I CAN'T take it! These people have to go...I'm in labor! It's around 8:00p.m. it's just Daddy, Anthony, Kelly and me and we are laughing about who knows what? Dr. Green rushes in and says that he can't watch this baby's heart rate decel anymore and we are going into emergency c-section! WHAT??!!! I'm thinking, "but my momma is at supper with Adam's parents and this is not supposed to go like this"... Daddy gets dressed in scrubs and into surgery we flew. As they were wheeling me down to surgery, I see my momma, who looks terrified and I start to cry and it hits me. While they prep me, I'm alone, and I start to pray that you will be ok. Please GOD!


8:39p.m. you are delivered and I hear you cry, OH that sweet cry! GOD is so good! You are having some trouble breathing, wet lungs. They take you to NICU to evaluate. You are jaundiced and have short, shallow breaths, but are fine! I don't get to see you until the next morning. I didn't sleep but 45 minutes, I was waiting to see you.


You are BEAUTIFUL, tiny and perfect in every way! From the first moment that I saw you, I knew I was meant to be your Momma and I would love you always!You are the best blessing that God has blessed us with! Thank you GOD! Hallelujah!


To Anderson:

You have grown so much over the past year, and not just in size, but in personality and in character. You can do so many things. Looking at you when you were a tiny baby, I never envisioned you growing up, I guess I thought you would be a baby forever. You are the BEST blessing that GOD has blessed your Momma and Daddy with in this lifetime. I truly mean that! In my eyes, you hang the moon! You are the love of our lives and our love for you is like GOD's love, unfaltering-always! I can't wait to see you grow, explore and learn about the world around you.
I love you, my love
Your Momma

I

6 comments:

Tami R said...

I love reading your blogs:) You are a great mom and Anderson is very blessed to have you and Adam as parents. I thought about ya'll a lot yesterday...can't believe that Anderson is ONE. Time flies and my advice to you is enjoy each day with him. One day you will wake up and he will be grown! Keep blogging...love ya'll lots.

Susannah said...

Thank Tami! That means alot to me! Love you too! :)

CLS said...

Sweet pictures and such a sweet post! I remember last year when Jana told me Anderson had finally arrived. No one realizes just how much it changes your life until it really happens. I admire your job as a mother and I happen to think you are FANTASTIC at it!

CLS said...

And by the way, no I am not engaged! Lol!

Amy Kennedy said...

That was SO sweet! happy b'day to your big baby boy!!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I want to just cry for you and that sweet baby. What precious memories and sweet words. Thanks for sharing your heart with us.
He's a doll and I can't believe he's ONE!!! WoW! Good job, mama! Keep up the great work!