How do we learn to chew? I thought that it came naturally, but apparently it doesn't. Anderson refuses to chew his food. He will spit out, gag and throw up chunky food with textures. Which leaves me with Gerber stage 2. Do you know any special techniques to helping babies learn to chew their food??
******************************************************************************'
This past Sunday, the weather was beautiful, and warm and we decided that we would head outside and swim a little bit. We blew up the baby pool and WA-LA!!!


Don't you just adore warm, lazy, summer-like days? We do! :)
At first Anderson wasn't quite sure what the swimming pool was all about, but after a little bit, he thought it was the neatest thing ever. In fact, he threw a FIT when I made him get out and take a nap!


*******************************************************
Yesterday, Anderson had his 1 year check up, P.S. I know you all don't care about this stuff...but I'm just doing it for my memory.
Height: 30 1/2 inches (75%)
Weight:20lbs 12 oz. (24%)
He's right where he's is supposed to be and guess who FINALLY started crawling(well scooting) and pulling up!!? My big boy! He's classified as a late crawler, but the doc says it's fine. To me, this means,baby who knows his mama and dada will pick him up whenever he whimpers for one thing:)
One more thing...Anderson said "DAWG"tonight! Boy this is getting so fun!
Say a prayer for my SIL Kelly, who is 36 weeks pregnant and in the hospital for high blood pressure with a little protein in her urine. She's good, but they are trying to keep the baby, Aaden, in utero for as long as possible.

3 comments:
In my experience with a gagging baby, they just aren't ready for texture yet. Just wait a week and try again. He will let you know when he is ready.
Nolan was the same way, but eventually got the hang of it. He'll get there :)
We always started with all the mushy things or things that woujld melt in their mouths and then did the "gnawww, ganwwww, ganwww" face and expresion. Don't know if that last bit helped at all, but I'm sure we looked funny!
LOVE the pool shots! They always make great pics. And the DAWG is hilarious! Isn't it funny what they pick up!? I love kids!
Post a Comment