BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Life in a Bookstore and Harvard

Hello friends!
Anderson and I have been to the mall(it's Thursday). We never buy anything, we just go to the playground and ride the carousel and go to Barnes and Noble. They have an AWESOME children's book section. We usually never buy anything there either...but today, we did. A really wanted a book. Like he doesn't have 217 and yes, that's an accurate number, I counted yesterday. Sad...sad. Hopefully, he's gonna go to Harvard and our investment will pay off. Actually, I think we could pay for one semester at Harvard, for what we've spent in books. ;) We've already check on Harvard and are pretty sure A is going to have to start hitting the books NOW! We need to start saving now too! ;) The estimated yearly cost at Harvard College is around $56,000 per year!
************************************************************
On another topic,I would still love to open up a children's book store, like The Shop Around the Corner from the movie "You've Got Mail". I'm pretty sure Anderson would never want to leave! Adam, Anderson and I went to Toys R Us last Saturday and got A's Christmas present. No...we didn't get him Jeffrey the giraffe. This is what we got him.I had one of these when I was little and I think Adam did too. I LOVED this horse and rode it constantly, and remember the neat galloping sounds it made.

I know that I am excited about Christmas, but what the heck happened to Thanksgiving? While we were at the mall today, they already have their Christmas tree up...really?

This is for Gami- I know you were wanting to know some books Anderson wanted. He saw these books and really loved them. Or another one of the "bugs" books.
Or anything that is a Golden Classic Book, those are always great!And I really liked these books for A too. Especially the"Gingerbread Friends "book or the "The Gingerbread Pirates" book!

3 comments:

Brandi Bartee said...

We got that same horse for the kids last year and it was such a big hit. A will absolutely love it and you will so enjoy watching him on it. I sure hope he gets into Harvard so I can say I know somebody who went to Harvard :)

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

The book store looks like so much fun! Can't wait until my little guy is ready for that! The giraffe at Toys R' Us is too neat. Never noticed one in the Dothan store, but we haven't shopped there that much. Love the horse!