BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baby Needs- Top Picks

Hello Friends! Anderson and I have a nice day at home with me cleaning and him reading lots of books. Go check out the cute video of him today at the bottom of this post! ;)
My friend Candice who is due with her first little boy(in about 90 or less days) is having a giveaway over at her blog. You can visit her here. She was wanting to know good things or bad things you need for babies. And maybe you were wanting to know too!:)
Here are my top picks for baby needs:

1. We used Dr. Brown's bottles. To some people they are really annoying, but I loved them, because they have a tube inside the bottle itself(which is extra cleaning time for you)These bottles reduce colic(b/c it reduced gas)

2. You have to have a bottle drying rack. To start off with, I just put out a towel and let them dry like that. But that took up MEGA counter space. So this is a super idea. Wished I would have thought it up.3. When Anderson was first born, we didn't think we needed a bottle warmer. Uhhhh...yeah you do. Do NOT use a microwave(it will leave hotspots in the milk) This bottle warmer heats bottles up to the perfect temperature in just 3 minutes. Awesomeness!

4. Monitor- We have this t.v. monitor and I LOVE it! I can see Anderson at any time in his bed(he's in black and white) I can hear him well and see him clearly. Only downside is that see this camera right here in his bed, well when they get old enough they can move it around and so all you see is the ceiling, but you can still here them. This one is a Safety 1st and runs about $250.00 but is WORTH IT!

5. Diaper wipes warmer and diaper pail. I'm gonna admit that I really thought the wipes warmer was a DUMB idea at first, but Anderson HATED the cold wipes. So this really helped out a lot.

The diaper pail we got is the Diaper Genie II, I think it runs about $35 but the replacement bags around $6 and those last every month. This diaper pail REALLY keeps the stink out! Caution for people with dogs, if don't push the diaper all the way down in the pail, the dogs can get them out and ours LOVE to eat dirty diapers...YUCK!

6. Our course every body has a diaper change table, but I liked the idea of these baskets(got them at Target in the baby section) and I put his diapers and cream in them. And on the bottom of the change table his books.

7. And last but not least. You JUST HAVE to get these great books. I started reading Goodnight Moon to Anderson when he was just 6 days old! These are my favorite children authors :
1. Sandra Boyton
2. Eric Carle
3. Margaret Wise, Goodnight Moon is a MUST!!

*****************************************************************

I wanted to post a video of Anderson on here. We sing our daily 50's songs, I dunno why I started singing 50's songs...I wasn't even alive then. I just LOVE the music. As usual, please don't listen to my wonderful singing! Ha!

5 comments:

Susannah said...

Ohhhh please don't listen to my singing...it's just dreadful!!! :)

Laura said...

Singing isn't bad but Anderson was adorable.

Sue Hall said...

Cool beans!

Anonymous said...

Anderson and momma I love the song and the sweet I LOVE YOU! I love the pretty yellow Polo shirt you Look so handsome ! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU! Gami

The Griffins said...

uh, ur singing is good. AND that is sooooo cute. I love it.