BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

OK... we're gonna try

Adam and I look and feel like zombies! Anderson was up 3 times lastnight! As much as I HATE it, I'm getting support and think he's going to have to cry it out. It makes me shudder to think about doing this. But he and we aren't getting healthy sleep...I'll keep you posted

4 comments:

becky said...

ya have to do it. i'll say this. if he is teething, then give him some ibuprophen before putting him to bed. if he cries within the first 4-6 hours of putting him down after that, it "shouldn't" be related to his teeth, but more out of habit. (obviously it still can be.) but it you are getting up with him and not really doing anything for him, there really isn't a point. you know he can make it all night without a bottle. it will be hard, but you can do it.

hey, can i say that it's hard to read your blog through the snow? it's pretty, but hard to read.

Angela said...

Here is my saga of letting EK cry it out...Seth was out of school one day with EK and I was at work. She consistently was crying when we put her in the crib. Seth finally had enough and let her cry. I would call and check on them and start tearing up everytime I heard her. She cried for over an hour. I wasn't even there and it was AWFUL! BUT.....from then on she went to sleep fine and it was wonderful! Every once in awhile she would test the situation again but she never cried longer than about 15 minutes. I thank God Seth did it and I wasn't there because I would have given in. It is tough but he will still love you and he won't think you have abandoned him. I think it makes him more at peace at nighttime too. It is kind of like giving them a spanking when they get older...you don't like to do it, but man oh man sometimes they just need it and they are a perfect angel afterwards. BE STRONG!

Lisa said...

Stay strong. Habits that are formed now will carry into the toddler years. He won't remember crying for a night or two. Start on Friday since you don't have to work the next day. Good Luck!

Susannah said...

We know what we have to do, thanks girls! Love ya'll;)