BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, January 15, 2009

37 minutes...

37 minutes, is a relatively short amount of time, but when your child is crying, it seems like an eternity!!! I know, you're thinking, ''how could you have let your child cry for 37 minutes"?! Anderson woke up at 10 p.m and cried for 37 minutes, 2:45a.m. cried for 15 minutes and then 4:25 cried for 5 minutes. The first 37 minutes went by SO slowly and I laid on the floor and cried too. Then, I just wanted him to calm himself down and go to sleep. I patted him on the back and "tried" to go to sleep.

I felt terrible at first, then I felt terrible because I wasn't feeling bad about letting our child cry it out and then I just felt TIRED. Again, Adam and I are zombies and our young man is probably at Mrs. Sherri's napping it up.

When I went to turn him over last night and pat him on the back, he said "Mama" and I wanted to pick him up and tell him you'll never have to do that again. I was STRONG and knew that it was hopefully in his best interest.

Agenda for tonight, more sleep;)

2 comments:

becky said...

you are a good mama. i promise. he is learning to calm himself. are you gonna go in there when he wakes up and hollers at you when he is 5? ok. that was dramatic. but you get it. and it got shorter and shorter each time...right? just keep with it.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I agree with Becky- good mama. This will all be over in a matter of days and you will all feel much better. You will be a better mama with sleep!