BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Zoo who?


Last week, Anderson and I went to the Montgomery Zoo probably for the last time. It's such a good value for what you get to see and do (only $8) plus $2 bucks if you want to ride the train!

Anderson is such a fan of ANY kind of animals. One of his first words was "owl", I dunno, so don't ask...

Anywho, we visited all of our favorite animals. And I think his favorite outside of the zoo is the parrot, but when he saw the real live version of the parrot. He was NOT A FAN! I guess the squawking was too much for him and he would do this


every time the parrot made a noise or the chicken cock-a-doodle-dooed! HA! Do you have chickens at zoos near you? I thought this was a VERY odd for a zoo! Maybe not...

When we got to the white tiger exhibit, Anderson he roared and didn't want to leave. The tiger looked like he could have cared less. I kept thinking about Siegfried and Roy, I know, that's horrible!


This guy was so interested in us.
I think he was the granddaddy of the others, because he had a little gray in his beard, but he watched us for a good 5 minutes.

We also enjoyed seeing the giraffes, the baby was too cute! Once, Adam and I saw a giraffe get under another one and drink the pee-pee(so I'm still pretty grossed out by them altogether:)



The Montgomery Zoo has a neato river otter exhibit and you can pay 50 cents and get otter food (aka dog food) and feed them. I tried to let Anderson feed them, but he ate the food and I finally fished it out of his little mouth! Gross!! He didn't seem to hate it though!:)


Anderson was particularly excited by the lizards and snakes(which I think all little boys and big boys are) I was feeling a lot creeped out by being in the reptile house. I just kept looking around of the floor, making sure that one hadn't made a run/slither out for it!

On the way home, we stopped by and got a Sonic Blast(oreo, is there any other kind) and Anderson completely enjoyed the cookies and ice cream out of it!


See you soon with beach pics!

4 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

HAHA with your zoo stories. You are cracking me up! Don't you love the zoo? Good times right there.
YAY for the sonic blast. Jason and I EACH had one the other night to finish off our date night. I can't think of anything better!!

Amy Kennedy said...

Cute pictures! The zoo is so much fun-so great that all those neat animals are right there so close by-looks like Anderson loved it!! I'm sure you'll have a great one to visit in Dallas too! mmmmm...We had oreo blizzards last weekend-never had the sonic oreo kind but I need to try it!!

Sue Hall said...

Parrots make me cry, too! Mom

Angela said...

This blog entry had me laughing! That is TOTALLY GROSS about the giraffes! And no, the Jacksonville zoo does not have roosters. It must be an Alabama thing. Although, Oniedo, FL (outside of Orlando) has chickens roaming around town. It is odd.

Reid has that same orange outfit!