BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 29, 2009

We're back!

Hello friends! We've been very busy. We have just gotten off the plane from DFW (Dallas/Fort Worth) and are very tired. Our trip out there was planned to find an apartment for us to live in. After 15, yes 15 apartment complex tours, we have FINALLY found one that we really like!

First up, Anderson was GREAT on the plane ride. Seriously I was bracing for screaming meltdown fits, but none of that. He just looked about the window and said "Helwo" a million times to the other planes on the tarmac. He seemed to barely notice when we lifted off or landed and today on the trip back this is what he looked like...

If you have never seen Dallas, here it is

It looks kinda like Atlanta to me!
Our apartment that we rented is here and is only 10 minutes from downtown Dallas! There is so much to do in the DFW area, like Six Flags over Texas, The Texas World Aquarium, the Fort Worth Zoo, Ripley's etc.. and Sea World is only 3 hours away! I really like our apartment and can't wait to get moved in and see if all of our stuff will fit-HA!!

Texas World Aquarium!

One thing I cannot get over in Dallas is that their property taxes on the houses are SO expensive, our property taxes run around $350 per year, theirs run around $6,000 per year! Yikes!

WE pretty much toured apartments for 3 days but yesterday took Anderson to the Texas World Aquarium in downtown Dallas and he LOVED it! They had a lot of neat-o stuff and not just fish, some animals too, pretty cool!

We move in ONE month and I can't believe it! I told my momma she better come out to see us once a month, it's going to be hard to be away from our family, but it is going to be great for Adam's career! So I'm super excited about our new adventures!


Just because we are leaving Alabama doesn't mean that we can't still be University of Alabama fans............ROLL TIDE, football starts in 8 days!!

See you soon!

2 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I'm so glad you found a place! That is a major step in the right direction! I'm excited for your new adventure! And SUPER glad Anderson slept on the plane!! YAY!

Angela said...

Moving to new place is so much fun!!!! Exploring is the best!!!