BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Calling all domestic divas...

Yay! You're here! I need help coming up with a theme for Anderson's 1st birthday party. It's in April and I'm stumped! Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

Yours truly,
Needs help in Montgomery

8 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

There are so many! I loved trains or construction vehicles or cars. You can just about run with any toy that he likes. Or just do the number 1. Those are super cute and there are a lot of things at Party City with the number. Is it going to be just family or will there be little guy friends?

Susannah said...

All good ideas! Thanks girl! It will be family and little kids there too!

becky said...

for luke's first birthday, i did a circus theme. i used primary colors (well, red, yellow, blue and green) and because there were more adults there than people, we served food (also b/c of naps it was at lunch time). we did hotdogs, popcorn, animal crackers and had a clown cake or cupcakes. can't remember. goodie bags had the animal crackers (the kind in the box with the string...barnum and bailey's??) a stuffed animal and mini bubbles.

will you be inside or outside. that could help me give you more ideas. ours was inside so i did crepe paper from the center of the room to look like a big top. poor sethy...he shared his first birthday with his big brother's 3rd!

Brandi Bartee said...

Granger was really into balls and his party was in August. I used beach balls as his party invitation and each ball had the invitation information written on it. I used big sand buckets as containers to hold chips, goldfish, the hotdog buns, etc. I just decorated with primary colors and ballons. I had a small beach ball cake for him to smash and then a larger cake with fish on it for the others. We also had a backyard blow up pool for the little kids to play in with balls and fish in it. You could fill a pool with sand and toys if it was too cold to swim. Good luck and I am sure it will be amazing. For my daughter's 1st in December we just used the sesame street theme that was for the 1st birthday.

Lisa said...

We did an Alabama theme with Nicholas. His cake was an elephant. It was really cute.
With Nolan we just did the #1 theme.

Susannah said...

Awww ya'll are so much help! Thank you girls! I know I can use one of these cute ideas! ;)You guys ROCK!

Laura said...

Check out this website. It might give you some ideas.

http://blog.kimvallee.com/archive/2009/01/20/how-to-select-a-theme-for-a-first-birthday.aspx

Also I can make just about anything as far a birthday parties Elijah's is the third one I have planned and made the items for. Just let me know I you want me to make something.

Laura said...

Hey I also found this that might help.

http://www.parents.com/fun/birthdays/themes/circus-birthday-party/?page=1