BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Complete euphoria

Who knew that one day, my own feelings, thoughts, or anything else would ever matter again. Since having Anderson, I have been experiencing complete and unconditional love for him. Today and every other day, we go and sit outside and play with Gracie, the neighborhood cat. And today, like any other day, we sat down to play and talk with her. I am trying to tell him all the words for everything, little by little. Gracie brushed by him and I put his hand on her and said "cat" and he squeeled with delight and rubbed her again, this time by himself. I cried, because it hit me, he understood!!

Another first, we let Anderson sleep in his bed today for a nap. Still can't bring myself to let him sleep in there at night...

2 comments:

becky said...

it will come. the first one is the hardest. the first couple of nights are the hardest. but you are starting the right way...naps first.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

so glad to hear from you!!What a small world!
Where are you teaching in Montgomery? I have some friends that teach there, too. Your little Anderson is precious. My middle name is Anderson and I've always loved that name, but haven't found a way to incorporate it in either of my kids's names, yet. I will have to do that! It must be a family name for you, too. Please keep in touch! Send me an e-mail: hdunham@knology.net.
Take care,
Hillary