BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Skinny

Hello friends!

Anderson and I have been quite the busy little bees this week. We have gone to the Botanical Gardens and had a picnic. Yesterday we hit the pool and s
aw some pretty cool horses out in the country(which makes A all smiles)!

Today was our mall day and I had probably, the nicest compliment
I've ever had. Anderson and I were having lunch at the food court and we were talking. The lady beside us, got up after she finished her lunch and said "I would love to teach your child when he gets in school. You are doing a fantastic job with him"! "WOW- thank you" was all I could say. Sometimes, you just really need nice compliments.

This is what Anderson has been up to:I ordered him a bridle and horse blanket in the mail and they finally came!
This kiddo was all smiles!!

***********************************
My real reason for this post was that my sweet friend asked me how I do Weight Watchers. I don't pay and go to the meetings. My mom does, but I just don't have the money to do it. So, I bought the old books on ebay telling me what I could eat and how many points it has etc...
Link
Every night, I cook from this website www.skinnytaste.com. It doesn't matter how tired I am...whatever. Gina, the author of the website has some great ideas and this is the best food that I have ever made. If you navigate around the website, it's pretty easy. Gina has the website split up into sections for chicken, beef, pasta, Mexican and so on.

We have tried many of Gina's recipes and I wanted to share with you some of our favorites.

1. Chicken and Spinach Rollatini
( you can't taste the spinach)
2. Pasta with Italian Chicken Sausage, Pepper and Escarole(I use spinach) This is one of our favorites!
3.Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce(we use beef broth)
4.Chicken and White Bean Enchiladas
5. Slow Cooked Black Eyed Peas with Ham(think Hoppin' John's) THIS IS SO GREAT!!!
6.Mexican Slow Cooked Pork Carnitas( and I use her amazing salsa recipe too)
7.Crockpot Minestrone Soup(better than Olive Garden's!!!)
8. Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken(we are having this tonight and it's TOO easy!)

And finally, Gina's desserts are to DIE FOR!!! You can access them here.

Please don't think I'm trying to brag(because I've still got a LONG way to go-30 more pounds for me) but I have lost 32 pounds by strictly cooking her recipes and following WW and not to mention that Adam is an amazing side kick to have on a diet with you. I truly think it's a balanced nutritional plan and the BEST way to lose weight.

2 comments:

Brandi Bartee said...

Congratulations and that is awesome! I am super proud of you and you should be shouting this accomplishment from every direction and every rooftop. Anderson is blessed to have you as a Mom too. I'm glad you got to hear some affirmation b/c it will probably be 20 more years before he gets to tell you what a wonderful Mom you are and thank you for the great job! Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

awesome job mama! 32 down? super! i just got started back. i did WW before i got pregnant with luke and lost 50 lbs (i gained it back with him, almost lost it all again before having seth...etc.) never lost it after AC...that child is 3. so...all that to say...the internist i used to work for will ONLY recommend WW as a way to lose weight. it's just healthy eathing and portion control. that's it. nothing gimmicky, nothing to buy.

so anyway, awesome job plugging being healthy. and thanks for that site. i haven't seen that one.