BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Beverly

Hello friends-

Yesterday, my Aunt Beverly would have celebrated her 68th birthday. I haven't thought about her for some time now.Yet when October 5 was on the calendar, it was all I could think about. She was my mom's oldest sister and my favorite aunt.

I didn't truly meet her until (that I remember, she came and stayed with mom when I was first born) I was 14 years old. Mom and I went to stay with her in New York for 2 weeks. She was different than ANYBODY I had ever met before. She was born in Florida, but when she was old enough went to live in Miami and then later to New York City where she worked at the Playboy Nightclub as a waitress and yes, she had to wear this--This is not her, just a waitress there about the same time. She met her husband Bobby there and they got married and lived in New York City for 20 years.

She later moved to Sedona, Arizona, which is where she died in 2006.

Beverly was a wonderful aunt, full of life, a big supporter of me and just kinda wonderful.

I still get teary eyed thinking about her today. We miss you Beverly, and Happy Birthday.

1 comments:

Sue Hall said...

Thank you for the tribute.