BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Papa

January 9, 2013 my Papa passed into Heaven and gets to spend eternity with God and "Mama"(my grandmother) his wife of 61 years. He was born July 9, 1918 in Graceville to Richard Clarence and Emma Williams Ivey. He retired from the Army as a 1st Sargent.That is all for my memory in years to come.

To me Papa was loving, good and a very kind man. He "put up" with my grandmother who was the love of his life and a lot like me. He would take me to the coffee shop in Graceville and buy me ring pops and cherry cokes for a nickel. He would take me to the bank and show me off to the ladies who worked there. He built me a swing in the biggest pecan tree in his yard. He would always drink his "medicine"(which was beer) every day around 3 p.m. and for years, I truly thought it was his medicine. ;) He would tell me that I could sing so good that I sounded like Whitney Houston when I was 6. He always wore chapstick with the black label on it. I wear it daily and when I smell it, I think of him. He would always tell me to "be ticular now"(particular) when meeting people and don't trust everyone you meet.


Going to miss him so much. Thank you Pop for the wonderful childhood memories. See you later and "be ticular"!

0 comments: